Need help regarding Port Forwarding

Lila85

Hello all, thank you for taking some time off to read my thread. Any helpful suggestions is greatly appreciated!! =)

Please pardon me if I do not understand what you are saying because I'm rather computer illiterate =(

I'm having a great deal of problem trying to successfully open a port for µtorrent. This is what it's written when I check if the port is forwarded properly:

Welcome to the µTorrent Port Checker.

A test will be performed on your computer to check if the specified port is opened.

Checking port 10888 on 218.186.10.238...

Error! Port 10888 does not appear to be open.

Please see www.portforward.com for more information about how to map a port.

I'm a Scientific Atlanta Webstar Model DPX213 Series cable modem user with a D-link wireless router (DI-624) using WindowXP.

I've already gone through the setup guide, speed guide, followed instructions from www.portforward.com, made sure µtorrent is in the exception list for windows firewall, read the FAQs, lowering maximum global number of connections to 100, checked that my modem is just really a modem and not a modem+router... frankly speaking I'm at my wits end. I will gladly provide any information to get this problem solved.

Oh and a few things I don't understand is that the indicator at the bottom is GREEN in colour but yet my port is closed. My wan ip according to the status page of my router is 218.212.128.159, but the port checker's ip is 218.186.10.238? Seriously confused =(

You need to apply port forwarding of TCP/UDP port used by utorrent in your router

and set static ip on your computer

For Example Computer static IP 192.168.0.5, Utorrent port is 5678

Yo neet to create port frorward rule in route for port 5678 protocol TCP/UDP IP 192.168.0.5

More information in router user manual.

I'm using Windows Firewall, i added µtorrent and port 10888 into the exception list but I still fail the port checker. But I noticed that the ip that appears when I use the µtorrent port checker is 218.186.10.238, but according to my router status page, my WAN ip is 218.212.128.159. Is it possible that the problem lies here?

Wow, haha.. I'm sorry it's getting a little technical for me.. what's transparent proxy?

I don't think I'm behind 2 routers because there isn't any LAN ports for me to plug in behind my modem. I also goggled my modem model and the manufacturers didn't mention anything about my modem being a router too =)

Archived