Unresolved IP - why ?

rafi

oh, thanks. That explains it. Someone wants to hide his identity here... Can I add in uTorrent a local list to identify a few such ranges of local IPs ?

BTW, the strange story here, is that this is suspected to be on of a local ISP's (unofficial) servers, that is running a bittorrent client, downloading the most popular up-to-date releases. It's purpose is to save the ISP money my off-loading some of his international P2P downloads related traffic (that is very expensive for him), and give it's subscribers a local source instead. An innovative (and I think not so legal...) approach... that seems to be working... ;)

Thanks Switech and Firon , That was what I forgot -that local flags thing. Not sure it will help in such case, since it is based on RESOLVED IPs and mine is not resolved. Will the flags.conf file accept an IP range and not just domain names (an idea for a new feature ...) ? Also, I think the "hosts." file will not help since it is also for the reverse direction - like a local DNS, helping you resolve domain names to IPs.

Well, if I consider the possible enhancement in the future - of prioritizing connections/peers closer to you (and with less latency), this flags.conf might be a good point to get additional Geo info. So, enhancing if to accept also IP ranges and defining them to a country - might help in this future enhancement too...

Archived