New Version

malcoholm

I have been running uTorrent at work for a while now, and it has been great in every way, straight out of the box.

As soon as I updated to the latest version however (which it asked me to do automatically), I have not been able to download or upload anything through uTorrent.

Because I am at work, I do not have access to port forwarding. Due to the fact it always used to work before I upgraded, I was wondering if I am able to downgrade, or fix some known setting which may have changed during the upgrade?

I am running:

WinXP SP2 with the firewall turned off

Norton 2003 (Version 9.05.15)

Cheers for the quick reply!

No, there is no listen error displayed anywhere. Below is what is in my status bar:

DHT: 251 peers (Updating) | D: 0.0 kB/s (total: 407.8 kB) | U: 0.0 kB/s (total: 346.1 kB)

Every now and then the D: number and U: number will change to 0.1, or 0.3 but change back quickly.

All my download and upload icons have a red circle with horizontal white bar through them. I don't know how the network servers are set up here, but I am sure there would be firewalls. My machine authenticates through a domain on a linux server. It's just a bit weird how the old version would work Ok. Perhaps the old version was running on a port which was open...

maybe it's because of the connecting method

i'm not sure in which version it was changed from normal to round-robin :) there is a request for an option to choose from between those 2 methods so u could use the latest version with the older method

now u could only wait for it to be implemented and use the newest (if that's gonna happen)

Firon - Thanks for the tip, but I still think it's a problem on my end. One of the torrents is about 50% downloaded, and was running fine before the upgrade. After the upgrade, there is no life whatsoever.

dAbReAkA - Cheers for that. Before a new version might be released with that feature (which might take a few months), is it possible to perhaps patch my current version?

Archived