All .torrent files being copied

Tuns

I have been using utorrent for some time, however i recently updated from XP to Vista, and the same time i updated Utorrent from 1610 to 1820.

For some reason, and im not sure if its Vista or the new uTorrent doing it, all my .torrent files are being copied so i now have 2 of each. This never used to happen.

Basically, i addedd all my seeds, and there are now copies of all the .torrent files in the folder where they are.

Also, i have added some new torrents to download, and its made copies of all those .torrent files as well in the directory:

C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\uTorrent. (on vista), by default. If i select the "store torrents in", then it creates copies in that directory instead.

I have the option "move .torrent for finsihed job", and it moves the copy of the torrent file, leaving the original where it is.

If i tell utorrent to remove & delete .torrent file, then it deleted the copy it has made and leaves the original.

As im sure you can imagine, this is very annoying.

This never used to happen with 1610 on XP pro, and personally i cant see why it would need to create copies if all the .torrent files as it has worked fine for the last 2 years without doing so.

Anyone know how to stop this from happening?

Delete loaded .torrents tells µTorrent to delete the .torrent file when it is auto-loaded. Normally, if this option is not checked, µTorrent appends .loaded to the extension to indicate that it has been loaded and to prevent µTorrent from trying to load the .torrent file again.

Previous Next

Remove loaded .torrents is only for autoloaded torrents.

Archived