No incoming connections. DL's maxing out at 2kbs?

hendo90

Howdy,

Recently my utorrent has decided to not work. I've read ultima's faq and forwarded ports on my D Link DI 784 router and my speedtouch modem. ISP doesnt limit anything, and up untill 3 days ago, i was getting DL's from 90 kbs to 300. Im confused?

Any help would be much appreciated.

not yet, ill start it now, but i've tried almost all the things in ultimas FAQ (that i understood anyway). I know a little more than most about computers but nothing fancy. I do understand torrents though and ive fixed this problem a few times. For the last year my torrents have been downloading at EXCELLENT speeds. The ONLY thing i can think of is that my step brother just bought a Mac and since that day he connected to the wireless router my torrents wont work. Like i said, ive had a green tick for over a year and all of a sudden, no incoming connections. i re forwarded all my ports, used different ports for his mac and i just dont get it!

hang on - 45 mins later - ive connected to 13 of 294 seeders and DL'ing at 280 - 300 kB/s. Still no incoming connections. now im confused. so what does it all mean?

thanks for your help btw!

no problems, its obvious you have been getting slammed with posts,

Right, so im pretty sure the modem is crap, like you said lol. So im going to invest in a new one when i've got some spare cash. But in the mean time, how would i know if my lan's ip has changed? I dont tend to keep a constant eye on it, also there's no reason as to why it could have changed, all we've done is add his macbook to the routers network. We couldnt figure out how to add a static Ip to the mac? any ideas, or could you refers us to a link where we could find out? (i dont think portforward has anything as of yet) That may solve the issue. and the ports are completely different on both comps.

Thanks for your help so far, i know you guys are getting slammed, so thanks and keep it up.

Hendo90

I too have been having trouble with download speeds.

I have a new Netgear N router WRN854T. we live in a remote part of Idaho and we use microwave as are source of internet.

Currently, we only get about 450kbs on the download side and about 250 on the upload side, when i did my speed test.

I have followed all the settings with bandwith and setting router to UPnp port mapping and enabling Utorrent to do the same but I am only able to download at about 9 kbps, on a good day and I upload about 13 kbps.

I did all my multiplication and division to get the best upload speed and I tweaked it up to 32 kbps to get the most out of it. As it is, it takes about 2 weeks to download anything. help!!!!!

Don't get so close to your theoretical upload max...otherwise download speed WILL suffer badly even barring other problems.

Are you actually uploading sustained at the max upload speed you set?

Does uTorrent get the green light at bottom center (meaning not firewalled)?

i brought back the upload speed and it seems to be working a bit better.

the light at the bottom goes from green to yellow, depending on the time of day. I made sure utorrent was in my list of exceptions in my firewall and added utorrent to my Kaspersky list also and it seems to have helped.

thanks for taking the time to respond

bammer

Archived