Selective downloading is broken [0.9.0.4 (13906)]

octel

I have uTorrent v0.9.0.4 (13906)

I open a .torrent file and it begins downloading. In the info pane at the bottom, I click the "Files" tab and select one of the files to "Don't Download". The priority changes to "skip", so I expect it to not download this particular file. A few hours later, I see that the torrent has finished downloading, including the file I asked to be skipped!

Does this have to do with the fact that the torrent started downloading as soon as I added it, and then a few seconds later I set a file to "skip" priority? Should I disable the "Start transfer after opening..." feature or what?

Thanks

I do not think it has something to do with the automatically started transfer of your torrents, because it works just fine for me with equal settings.

Maybe u were to late and uT had already downloaded this small file ;)

Once I had a torrent about 5GB and I checked half of the files not to download. It worked and it appeared in my "completed" category with just 50% as it should...

When uT has already downloaded some parts of your skipped file, then it will keep them and not delete it.

I've found selective downloading to be buggy, too. I downloaded a 4GB package of small ~10Mb files, added the torrent to uTorrent normally, set all of them to skip, then set two to normal priority. In the download folder, I see the uTorrent temp file and the two files I chose, pre-allocated.

For the first 12Mb of downloading, the "Done" meter in the top pane increases, but the "Done %" for each of the files in the bottom pane stays at zero. I can't figure out why every single file is zero percent done after 12Mb of downloading.

Archived