problem with preferences

docinthehammer

i just switched pcs and installed utorrent on the new one, not only are the ui settings not the same as my old pc but my windows integration boxes arent an option, I cant figure out out to associate .torrent files, btsearch files or magnet URI... I tried uninstall and reinstall but that did nothing for me! Basically I cant do squat with the program ANY IDEAS?

i tried to but it keeps telling me that it has to be changed in the preferences, in the preferences where the boxes are normally greyed out they are white and i cant click on them or anything

i used utorrent with the corporate copy b4 and normally i get almost 300 kbs /s also i tried what the link says but in my browser I dont have the manage optionwich it suggests in order to remove torrent, do you think it will help if i completly clean slate and start over

by the way thanks moogly for responding

i know that by default it should be doing that but it doesnt, i just get an association error and it tells me to edit my preferences

i used to use the old 1.2 which had all the ui listed for mininova/piratesbay etc this is my first time with the 1.8 and so far im not impressed

-1.torrent could not be opened, because the associated helper application does not exist. Change the association in your preferences.

this is what i get

Archived