error 10055

Either your uTorrent settings are way too high, or something in your networking hardware and/or software...sucks.

1st and 2nd links in my signature.

It may be possible to reduce or prevent the occurance of this error with more conservative uTorrent settings.

Thank you Switeck for supplying the answer to the error 10055 problem, in your last comment in " Tracker incorrect by @zahav.net.ilreuven" you said '02 Israel etc.' someone must have taken note. Soon after on checking tracker status on uTorrent,all of the many trackers had no longer had error 10055 against their name, and were downloading. But I think there still exists a problem wth '02 Israel' as my speeds are far to low.Another day, another problem.

Reuven

That was then, but now:

Max.Upload rate 50

Global number of conections 80

Max. number of connected peers per torrent 15

Number of upload slots per torrent 5

During last night my downspeed was 40 kB/sec, upload 38 kB/sec

Now during the day (midday) downspeed 15kB/sec, upload 27 kB/sec. A few days ago during the night my downspeed was averaging 80kB/sec and peeking higher. The following morning the downspeed was 2kB/sec. That was before I started to adjust my preferences. Surely the difference between the night and day readings is due to throttling? These figures apply to downloading 5 torrents at the same time. If I was only to download one torrent at a time would that torrent be downloaded at 40kB/sec or 15kB/sec or not? I have read in these forums of those who say that they download 20Giga torrents in a few hours!! is it possible? One point on this forum which deals with uTorrent should it not be made a rule to use only kB/sec and not kb or kB or any other measurement?

Reuven

Global number of conections 80

Windows 98 global limit: 64.

You're still setting too high.

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=34259 - XX/192kbit is the HIGHEST that windows 98 will let your connection settings go.

You can adjust your upload limit to match your connection, but the peer connection limits CANNOT FUNCTION higher than that on windows 98.

Archived