cant connect

Btoes6

I haven't ever had a problem with utorrent until yesterday. My cable modem went bad and had to be replaced. Ever since the new one has been hooked up I can only get connections for about a minute after I first open utorrent. The light will be green and torrents will reach full speed and then slowly trickle down to nothing and I will lose connection. Does anyone have any suggestiosn?

# EVERYTHING you've tried so far, including ANYTHING listed above (please be as explicit and specific as you can). Tell us what your changed settings are.

first I tried forwarding the port, that had worked in the past when the yellow triangle would show up. then i came here and followd the setup guide in the link you posted. I deleted and re-did the firewall rlue for utorrent. none of that worked

# The state/value of all of the options you were recommended to change up above.

the only changes i made are the changes listed in the setup guid

# Color of the network status light in µTorrent's status bar (at the bottom of the µTorrent main window)

yellow triangle

# What the port checker from the Speed Guide writes

Error! Port 64328 does not appear to be open.

# What the Speed Guide shows your settings to be (press Ctrl+G in µTorrent)

ul limit 41 kb/s ul slots 4

connections per torrent 80 connections gloabla 230

max active torrents 3 max active downloads 2

# What you have net.max_halfopen set to (Preferences > Advanced in µTorrent)

# Operating system installed (Windows XP, 2000, ME, 98, 95, NT? Something else?)

windows xp

# Security software installed (firewall, antivirus, antispyware, antiadware)

kaspersky internet security

# Exact router model(s), and exact modem model

i have no clue

# ISP (Internet Service Provider) being used

mediacom

# Connection type (DSL, cable, dial-up), and the results obtained from the speed test (when running the Speed Guide), for both download AND upload. Be sure that you aren't using your connection for any other reason besides testing, while testing. That means no downloading, no IMing, no µTorrent running, no browser activity (other than the testing), etc. Additionally, no other computer on your network (if any) should be using the connection. When you select a testing mirror, use the ones that are geographically closest to you.

cable

Download Speed: 2509 kbps (313.6 KB/sec transfer rate)

Upload Speed: 468 kbps (58.5 KB/sec transfer rate)

Archived