Jump to content

µTorrent 1.8.3 beta 15619


Firon

Recommended Posts

I have it all the time since first beta in this topic. that setting set to 15, because suddenly all peers have [uTP] tag next to them, disabling that doesn't connect me to people at all. I understand this may be my fault (my brother switched router software from standard to tomato) but everything else is working like before. I tried disabling all options mentioned here (mapping ports, dht) which worked previously but nothing helped (even going back to stable version which makes me thing its my fault).

utorrent2.jpg

utorrente.jpg

i'm talking about upload, it sends few kbs (with fast peers up to 200-300kB) and then stops.... for 30-60 seconds. Download jumps too but it usuall progress much fater (which ruins my ratio). This is going for few weeks now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I checked the DL speed with and w/o uTP (trans_disposition 5/15). 1 "good" torrent DLing , ~150 connections, calc_oh - on , 2 UL slots, ~12K UL limit.

I was disappointed to see that w/o uTP the speed is smoother and less erotic. It is also faster by ~10% - maxing my connection speed . Please try and adjust uTP to perform like TCP ? can you ?

50368448.jpg

By rafi_d

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I had this problem for a long time, but my connection is 120/30, so it was unable to download anything. I was investigating why it happens and after long time of changes in setup, i found the answer.

The reason is that you are connected to massive number of seeds and peers, and you need to update the connection to everyone there - it happens every ~30 sec. The upload line slows down, and after it get back to its normal position, dl speed slows down.

To fix that: download less torrents simultaneously, or go to Preferences -> Bandwidth and type small number (a half for example) in "Number of Connections" fields.

That's what helped me.

//sry 4 bad english.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think, that for example: program sends some data to start or continue download, and when there are like 4000 of people to send, upload just gets stuck and it grabs download. Then, when it establish its ok.

I'm not the creator, and best investigator, but that's my opinion why it happens, and I can only share that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

thanks. will try it out. Glad to say that I never encountered any of those crashes ... I thought it was a beta aimed as a platform (base for 1.9) mainly to test issues of uTP ? was/will post #205 be tested here ? I think this 1.8 release will coexist with 1.9 so this issue will manifest itself as more 1.9 users are active. I suggest to tune the uTP speed/limits a bit better ...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Subject: TRANSLATION

Why there are two ways of translation string in new builds of 1.8.2 and 1.8.3 ?

Some older strings from 1.8.3 were used changed into a new form in 1.8.2.

But in new 1.8.3 is not used new strings from last 1.8.2 nut more older strings from previous 1.8.3.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

[posted this on IRC before, but just doing it here again for clarity]

Since witching from the 1.8.2 stable to the (latest) 1.8.3 beta I seem to have problems with the RSS filter (I have not attempted to delete rss.dat yet).

- the filter's label settings are completely ignored and get the feed's name as label instead (which can be a long URL if the feed has no name set)

- when right-clicking on a torrent in a feed and adding it to my favorites, nothing I change in the dialog that pops up gets saved until I open the RSS dialog and edit it again

If someone could attempt to reproduce this behavior, I'd appreciate it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

an issue with 1.8.3 - the new build 15289 (and maybe older ones too?): setting bt.trans_disposition to 5 (only TCP) seems have strange effect... new connections are fewer and far from the specified max # of connections (like 40-50%) and also the increase rate in connections # is very slow :( setting it to 15 (TCP+uTP) - seems to improve the issue (like 70-80% of the #, and faster increase rate).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I still have problem described by rafi. I have green icon, my port is said to be open (but some trackers still identify me as firewalled) and only bt.trans_disposition set to 15 gives effect, suddenly almost noone connects without uTP, it's like one person for few hours. Moreover with uTP I am still having speed jumps like on screenshots on the top of this page.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...