port forwarding woes

sandiegophil

i can not get the test if port is forwarded properly to show up green when going through my router -

i have this firmware:

DD-WRT v24-sp1 (07/27/08 ) vpn

(SVN revision 10011)

on a Linksys WRT54GL and have tried everything to get this thing to get that thing to show up green.

if I plug directly into my cable modem, I can get the green goodness no problem. but when I go through the router, with port forwarding on, it fails. i tried all tried the obvious things - make sure my local ip address is static, make sure I set the port on the router BEFORE setting it in uTorrent, removed anti-virus software, removed windows firewall.

anyway, this is awful, because if I plug directly into the router, I can awesome download speeds, 30kbps up to 500kbps (even higher sometimes), but if I go through the router, I get 0.1kbps to 0.3 kbps. obviously, I need to have a router/hub since I have multiple computers on network.

-phil

PROBLEM SOLVED!!!

1. i telnet'd to the router, did an erase nvram && reboot.

2. changed my local PC IP address to be outside the range of my router's DHCP range.

3. re-setup my port forwarding to include "both" TCP/UDP (which I was doing before).

4. only added port forwarding to "range".

port forwarding is now working!

It all seems a bit magical to me, but it worked!

Thanks to everyone for your help!

Archived