help with rss-filter.

pyd

(if this allready has been anwserd, please forgive me. I did a search but didn't find any, so please redirect me in that case!)

I'm trying to get the filters to work for me.

I want to search for ex. the serie "24", and LOL releases.

The filter I'm using is:

---------------------------

24?*s05*LOL*

but that don't seem to work for me :(

how should it be?

Can I use "?" and "*" after one and another?

Also, "Las Vegas":

*Las?Vegas?*s*3*LOL*

Is that correct?

/pyd

* = wildcard, it matches anything, no matter how long

? = single character wildcard, it matches any single character

| = or, allows you to have multiple "things" :P

24?*s05*LOL*

It makes no sense to have ? next to *, since * would match the ?'s character too. 24*S05*LOL* should match what you're looking for.

* = wildcard, it matches anything, no matter how long

? = single character wildcard, it matches any single character

| = or, allows you to have multiple "things" :P

It makes no sense to have ? next to *, since * would match the ?'s character too. 24*S05*LOL* should match what you're looking for.

Ohh!! Thanks!

So the correct format would be:

24*s05*LOL*|*TCM* to search for all 24 episodes of season 05 released by either LOL or TCM?

Thanks again!

No, you have to make two filters or make it differently. As it is now, it'd match absolutely nothing for the first part, and match absolutely nothing for the second part.

Since you want to match groups, turn on "Filter matches original name instead of decoded name", since µTorrent strips the group name. I have no clue if turning that on breaks the episode number function.

Two filters:

24*S05*LOL*

24*S05*TCM*

OR, 24*S05*LOL*|24*S05*TCM*

If you wanted LOL's releases of Las Vegas:

Las?Vegas*S03*LOL* (with Filter matches original name instead of decoded name ON)

Make sense?

If the "Episode number" function works in tandem with filter matches original (5x1-26 for example), then you don't have to use *S05* in the filters. Howoever, I have no clue if turning it on breaks the episode number function.

No, you have to make two filters or make it differently. As it is now, it'd match absolutely nothing for the first part, and match absolutely nothing for the second part.

Since you want to match groups, turn on "Filter matches original name instead of decoded name", since µTorrent strips the group name. I have no clue if turning that on breaks the episode number function.

Two filters:

24*S05*LOL*

24*S05*TCM*

OR, 24*S05*LOL*|24*S05*TCM*

If you wanted LOL's releases of Las Vegas:

Las?Vegas*S03*LOL* (with Filter matches original name instead of decoded name ON)

Make sense?

If the "Episode number" function works in tandem with filter matches original (5x1-26 for example), then you don't have to use *S05* in the filters. Howoever, I have no clue if turning it on breaks the episode number function.

Ok! Thanks!

I went with the "24*S05*LOL*|24*S05*TCM*" way!

Now I just have to wait untill tonight when the shows airs to se if it works :)

/pyd

Archived