Default label... or any way to table from a auto import directory.

tandyjames

I use Torrent Episode Downloader (TED) to grab torrents of TV shows I want and throw them in a directory.

I can configure uTorrent to automatically pick those torrents up... but it doesn't give them the Label of 'TV' and therefor is doesn't go to my TV directory.

Possible enhancements that would help this situation:

1) Put a default Label for the auto import from directory feature.

2) Infer a label from a auto import download if the torrent is in a subdirectory of that name. IE. If the directory I am watching is c:\torrents, if I put a torrent in c:\torrents\TV... it would download that torrent and add the label TV.

Let me know what you think about these features, or any other enhancement that would allow me to do what I wanted here (or of course a work around that will work with the current version).

Thanks,

T.J.

• 1 month later...

that's exactly what i am looking for

my irc client automatically download the torrents i want and put them in the watch folder (much better than RSS

but it can't append them a label, ans so the files aren't downladed in the folders i want (/down/music for the torrents labeled "music", /down/tv for the torrents labeled "tv", etc....)

so it would be great if the second solution suggested by TJ could be implemented

or

the first solution, but with the hability to add mulltiple watch folders (each with different labels)

• 3 weeks later...

I just wanted to add my support to this request feature. I am using scripts in IRC at differerent sites to pick up torrent files and would like multiple "autoload" directories with different labels associated with them. A default label doesn't really solve that, but any of the other suggestions above would do.

And thank you for a great client, I have been using it continuosly since the beginning :)

I like the reverse auto-label idea, actually... quite alot. If we can stick files into \LABEL\ off the default download location, why shouldn't it go to LABEL when you auto-load it from \LABEL\ D:

It certainly causes less headache then adding in some filename parsing, i.e. if you allow things like [LABEL] you have to then basically secure it against all those string buffer overflows hiding in the millions of lines of Windows code :P

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I want this feature. All I really want is to be able to set a default for all newly added torrents.

I would also like to see labels changed to actual separate directories/folders or at least the possibility of having them point to different directories.

I would really like the feature that the watchdir can contain subdirs which will then be turned into a label.

But, in addition, aside from auto-adding torrents, I frequently add torrents manually so some sort of auto-label mechanism based on search strings (preferably REGEX) would be GREAT.

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Archived