Too Fast

Dirty Dog

I use Utorrent and it downloads fine.

However when I am using Utorrent I monitor my net useage with net meter and that says it is downloaded and uploaded a lot more than what utorrent states.

for example Utorrent states dl 30kb/s up 10kb/s

but net meter goes 400kbps and 200kbps

When I turn Utorrent off this all stops.

Any ideas on how I can rectify this?

Do note the difference between bits and BYTES.

Also, uTorrent speed graph is reporting download and upload speeds for the torrent files...NOT all the overhead traffic done by the BitTorrent protocol.

The overhead can get more severe with aggressive settings (100's of peer/seed connections at once, high half open rates, DHT and Resolve IPs enabled).

I assume they are both measuring the speed in bytes. kbps

I appreciated that net meter does overall traffic measuring and utorrent just shows what utorrent is using but it just seems that when utorrent is running , net meter measures very high speeds of traffic which are much more than what utorrent measures but nothing else is running. When I disable utorrent then net meter will go back to virtually no traffic.

When utorrent is running , browser speed then slows down significantly. dont know why. I dont think I am going to be able to work it out. just a little frustrating.

I have also just been and looked at the troubleshooting guide and recommended setting guide. As far as I can see, everything is set up ok.

I never said it was kilobytes/second I said it was kbps and I assumed it was bytes, kbps which is what utorrent and net meter record download/upload speeds for me at? If you say they are kiloBYTES/second then fair enough.

All I can do is advise you of the information that utorrent and net meter gives to me. if you dont know what the problem then again fair enough.

Archived