Error http 400 without NOD32

light_n_roses

Hi Everybody !!

This is my first post in this forum and I'm asking because I really have a great problem with utorrent. Indeed every time that I add a tracker in the download list, in the tracker statu appear this messege : Error Http 400 from the main tracker. I have red on this foum that this problem was caused by NOD32 but I don't use that antivirus and I honestly have no idea on what could cause this error. If can help I use AVG free antivirus. I really hope that someone can help me.

updates :eh no problem I have find a solution by myself....the UPNP was disable...sorry...

Hi, too get an HTTP error 400 on my torrents, on all trackers except one (?). I don't have UPnP enabled, but never have before, and as far as I know it shouldn't cause error 400 if anything.

I've Googled and searched in forums, the only thing I can find is that NOD32's IMON has a problem, and you have to add µTorrent to the exceptions or turn IMON off. I've done both, and it's been done since I installed Windows, since I run Kerio WinRoute Firewall, which doesn't work with IMON. Yesterday I even uninstalled NOD32 just to be sure :P The only thing I can remember doing about the same time I got the errors is that I installed a SSH server, but I hardly think that has anything to do with it...

So, does anyone else have any idea?

Edit: OK, to DreadWingKnight who moved my other thread to trash:

I found this thread when googling, and wrote my reply. I then saw that it was under "bugs", and I don't see this as an µTorrent bug, so I posted in "Troubleshooting" too, which I think is the correct thread. I didn't remove this post because it was already "old", there was a bunch of threads above it. Besides, deleting my post wouldn't remove the whole thread as it wasn't me who started it.

Edit2: Found the problem. I had added an AAAA (IPv6) entry for my server in my DNS server. I have no idea why this screwed up some (and only some!) hostnames. Anyway, it works now!

Yeah... But it hadn't anything to do with µTorrent, I got the same error when trying the host names in the web browser too. You don't have to worry :P Besides, I got it to work with IPv6 in the DNS server after a while, I don't know why it failed the first time...

Archived