I feel so used ...

nicke2323

BitComet, Is the worst ever client...

I was downloading/seeding a file, I was uploading like 100-50Kb/s

Yet, I was only getting 5kb/s in return <_<... I looked at the peer list & Only a person using µT was uploading to me, sadly everyone, else was using BitComet, I'm really fed up of these idiots!

Please Add an autochoke or at least make it fair!

It's already been discussed... µTorrent won't be choking peers based on client ID. Two wrongs don't make a right, and just because BitComet isn't being fair doesn't mean µTorrent shouldn't be fair to them. There are plenty of relatively *easy* ways to fake client IDs, so it's really pointless.

µTorrent won't be choking peers based on client ID. Two wrongs don't make a right, and just because BitComet isn't being fair doesn't mean µTorrent shouldn't be fair to them.

^

|

Pure red herring, pointless side-issue.

Choking peers based on client ID wouldn't help in this case anyway. ...but I already said that!

There is NO reason to look at the client ID before deciding to choke due to rapid disconnects+reconnects. A hostile client may be a fake or a hack, but hostile behavior is still the same.

In the non-hostile case... A very unstable connection is almost as bad as a hostile one, because for torrents intent is less important than results. If someone has a connection that's always falling over, they will be far more interested in resolving the issues causing that (rather than torturing everyone else) if their download speeds are lackluster as a result. Plus, a choke won't totally prevent them from downloading -- it will just require tit-for-tat from them. If they're uploading, the choke may be very brief -- only a couple seconds.

Maybe something along the lines of temp banning if the same IP reconnecting a few times

A ban might eliminate the benefits of someone correcting their situation...such as a bad connection that gets fixed. Banning is such a drastic measure that to be fair, µTorrent would have to report to the banned client: "µTorrent temp-banned you for rapid disconnect/reconnect hostile behavior". This would certainly create dislike of µTorrent by other BitTorrent client makers and poor-connection users.

• 3 months later...

I still say that Bitcomet is cheating the hell out of dear ol µT, but as I have upgraded to a bit more beefy hardware, i have begun using Azureus again with the above mentioned stuffer plugin.

My speeds who used to be 90% to one or two bitcomet clients is now evently distributed throughout the swarm, I set my stuffer to reject Bitcomets, Bitlord and Bitspirit.. and so far,

my uploads are being very fair, instead as opposed to using µTorrent when the above mentioned bitcomet cheating takes place.

Archived