Download speed stuck?!?

fury88

I recenetly reinstalled utorrent to download somthing, its aorund 5.68mb.

I currently run on British Telecom, i have done various speed tests on the internet and the average speeds i get are around, Download : 5000-5400 kbps and Upload: 350-450kbs.

Ive been downloading for 3 hours now and have jsut reached 4%, i have download capped at unlimited and upload capped at 370kBs. (I have tried lowering the upload cap/usage and nothing really changes) ive been downloading now at 20kBs and sometimes 30kBs if im lucky my upload is generally 30kBS-35kBs. WhATS GOING ON? ive read many how to improve things on this site and nothings helped so far.

I think you will find that British Telecom 'throttle' anything other than 'standard' HTML downloads during the day (and evening periods also).

I was trying to download a file yesterday afternoon, which it was telling me at times that it wouldn't be completed for days, or even for weeks!

However I found that after about 11 pm (in the UK) my download spped increased dramatically, and the 2.6GB file finally completed downloading at 5 am this morning.

Being over four miles from our nearest exchange my speeds aren't brilliant at the best of times, so I was more than happy with this, as it was a VERY popular download anyway!

Mind you, I'm no expert at this torrent lark, as this was my first attempt, but I must say, that I am very impressed with utorrent... even under Windows 7.

ok ive changed my upload to 37 instead of 370 and my download speed has dropped by aobut 5 kBs and the same thing has happend to my upload

In answer to Torrero there at 30 (69) seeds and 29(136) peers, and under the peers tab there are lots of people at 100% and then the rest is pretty muchn random, some at 40% some at 60% some at 2% etc.., also its not stuck at 4% i ment it was stuck at the download rate, its gone up to around 4.5% now.

Archived