does maxed-out dl bandwidth limit u/l?

flacseeds

Yes, something like this happens to me. I start noticing it at over 200KB/s, and personally think it has something to do with all the ACK signals uT is pumping back up the line to the torrent of DLed pieces.

IMO, there is no reason to crimp the download just because your upload is crimped. If you are feeling really guilty about your share ratio, you can make up by more seeding later. In my personal experience, max outs are rare anyway (though uT gave me HOURS of it in one session, more than all the other times to date). If your UL is 35KB/s class, you should be entering into the "middle class" strata of BT and start to notice annoying days when your DL is lower than your UL. Nobody compensates you for time lost like this, so why not just let it go when you are in luck? :D

Yes, something like this happens to me. I start noticing it at over 200KB/s, and personally think it has something to do with all the ACK signals uT is pumping back up the line to the torrent of DLed pieces.

IMO, there is no reason to crimp the download just because your upload is crimped. If you are feeling really guilty about your share ratio, you can make up by more seeding later. In my personal experience, max outs are rare anyway (though uT gave me HOURS of it in one session, more than all the other times to date). If your UL is 35KB/s class, you should be entering into the "middle class" strata of BT and start to notice annoying days when your DL is lower than your UL. Nobody compensates you for time lost like this, so why not just let it go when you are in luck? :D

that makes some sense, more dl corresponds with more upstream ack packets, but these should really only be a few kB, right? not 10+ kB?

Archived