RIDICULOUSLY slow DL speed???

munstre

3 or 4 weeks ago my torrents went almost completely dead. My average connected speed right now is 0.3kb/s with occasional spikes to 5kb/s. I have a laptop running vista 64bit, which previously connected fine .. as well as a desktop running XP which also connected fine, both simultaneously experienced this problem. Recently I upgraded to a new desktop, running Vista and from the start this machine also has the same connection issues.

However, my roommate is able to download on his computer at a decent speed .. not great but between 50 - 150kb/s. I never made any changes to our network, or toyed around with anything as I don't have much experience with tech stuff. Today I tried binding my IP address in utorrent and I restarted the app, it connected through the roof to over 1mb/s .. and then within 15 seconds I watched it fall all the way back down to about 0.7kb.

What is going on??

If it weren't for the fact that this has spanned across 3 separate computers I would think so for sure, but since they're all separate and my roommates computer (the 4th) seems to be working decently I don't think the network card is the answer.

Archived