Standardising and Selecting Different Date / Time Formats

Rhonlith

FWIW, if configurability isn't in the plans (I tend to doubt it, considering precedence), then at the least, a standard should be converged at. Like ISO 8601 (which the Logger tab happens to use), or maybe the same settings as the Windows Regional and Language Options control panel applet ("Short Date" + "Time" or whatever).

Thanks Firon,

Seems I hadn't changed all of my regional settings when I last installed Windows.

Maybe something about this could be added to the FAQ's on the website.

eg.

The Dates don't look right in utorrent or Changing the way utorrent displays the Date.

utorrent uses your Windows system settings to decide how to display dates. If you want to edit this you will need to make the appropriate changes in the Windows "Control Panel" under "Regional and Language Options".

The Logger IS fixed to yyyy-mm-dd but that's just because it's output can be useful to us for debugging and consistency helps in parsing it.

But all other dates use that system setting.

I could probably add an entry to the FAQ, but it doesn't seem to be a common enough issue to warrant it. I think most people expect the dates to use the system settings.

Archived