Compact Allocation prob...

humrahi

Hi,

Im downloading large torrents, which typically have about 22 files in them.... I use bt.compact_allocation so i can d/l multiple large torrents to my small hard drive. Also, i selectively download (download 1-3 files at a time from the torrent and skip the rest).

Now, usually.. the data goes in the part file, till a file is about 50% complete, and then written to disk and the rest of its parts stored in the file.... but this time. two of my files are downloaded 100%.... AND THEY ARE STILL WITHIN THE PART FILE :S

To recap.. they havent been written to disk as seperate files... what should i do ??

Hadn't he fixed this Compact Allocation business since Beta 386?

Honestly, if Ludde can't get the thing working right, may I suggest he remove it until he does - no point in some poor guy stumbling into a file corruption?

(Thinks myself lucky for sticking with Sparse Files+PartFile ever since...)

Oh, and humrahi, I've been told that Sparse Files works better in saving room anyway. Use that instead if you really need to skimp on disk space...

aarrggg ~! this happened three times in a row now :(

I lost a week of downloading now... all the files now juz remain within the partfile ????? :S even though ut shows them as finished :@

kazuaki, thanks for your response.. but i think sparse files works only on NTFS.. i've got FAT32... so im guessing it wont work. thanks anyways.

Can it be cuz of the use partfile option ???? HELP !!!

Well, we thought it was fixed, but it really wasn't. In any case, that's what the DO NOT MODIFY warning is for. If you did anyway, that's too bad.

And yeah, you're basically boned. Sorry. You also need 2x the size of the partfile for it to get moved out if you do the unskip all, skip all, unskip all trick, but it probably won't work. You should also stop the torrent. If it still won't work, start over.

Archived