Very slow ... Green icon

aCx

Hello im having a problem and i dont know what it is... i just installed vista , reformated and all , im got the green icon that im connectable , i opened port i have seeds 125(168) and im downloadin at below 50 for some reason i usually get 400-500 , anything i need to change setting wise?

Firewall is Off , port is Forwarded , Plenty of seeders..... any thing i must change in Vista or setup ? thx alot !

Problem similar to aCx, but with XP. Router set to "all ports open", download speed unlimited, but utorrent port test says it's blocked. opened firewall- no change. tried new port.....nada. Windows firewall exceptions includes uTorrent. Utorrent speed test to outside sources is OK. BTW, everything was fine until one day.......are there any Windows updates I don't know about that can cause this nfg?

Bell ADSL ISP in Canada throttles BitTorrent traffic to below 60 KB/sec many hours of the day now -- they didn't USED to do that!

MOST Australian ISPs throttle BitTorrent traffic, due to their limited international cable lines.

012 Smile Communications ISP in Israel is also very hostile to BitTorrent traffic, probably moreso than Bell!

But give the low speed section of the 1st link in my signature a run anyway...

Also try settings from 2nd link in my signature, since this helps others as well.

Archived