Every 20 min speed drop to zero !!! please help :(

awanta

as the title suggests, the speed of both download and upload in utorrent in versions 1.8 drops to zero every 20 min and then slowly returns back to normal until the next 20 min

the thing is that the connections aren't terminated but no info is exchanged at all.

this problem only exists with the 1.8 versions. the 1.7.7 works fine and doesn't make any problems. what is the problem?

N.B. I tried reinstalling the windows with only utorrent installed and still the problem is there (i.e: it is not firewall or any software incompatibility)

max no of peers/torrent =7 , max upload slots/torrent = 2 , global max no of connections = 60

tried dht enabled and disabled with no change in condition

port is not forwarded

(port checker writes:Error! Port 50886 does not appear to be open.

Please see www.portforward.com for more information about how to map a port.

Please make absolutely sure that PeerGuardian2 or Protowall is allowing utorrent.com (72.20.34.145) in either of those programs. Those of you using ipfilter.dat should make sure the list does not include the website's IP. After making sure of this, re-run this test by refreshing the page (F5).)

network status light is yellow

net.max_halfopen = 8

no firewall installed

tried enabling and forcing encryption . no change

using windows xp sp2

ADSL 265kbps down 64kbps up

router CNET CAR2-701U

ISP tedata

since I tried and made static IP the port is permanently not forwarded although tried Every thing on http://www.portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/CNET/CNAD810-NF/Utorrent.htm which has very similar interface to mine

update:

switched back to 1.7.7 and the port is forwarded and every thing is okay. what is the problem with that thing?

• 4 weeks later...

solved the problem with 1.8.2 version. I just had to disable windows firewall exception (from ut itself) and disable windows firewall itself. can't install ipv6 though, but doesn't matter

thanks for every one who responded

Archived