Moving torrents to new system

SomeoneOrOther

Hi. Basically my old computer died and I wanted to transfer my torrents and the downloaded information to my new system. I tried copying the %appdata%\uTorrent directory over to my new system, and also tried manually locating the directories to dl to and such, but it will not find the already-downloaded information.

I am running WinXP SP3. The utorrent downloads were (on old system) stored on the D: drive, they need to be stored on C: drive on my new computer. Folder hierarchy remains the same.

Sorry for the inane questions.

The best solution in your case is to edit resume.dat (in %appdata%\utorrent) with the freeware Bencode Editor http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=31306 and use the function "find/replace" to change in one click the drive letter, especially if the folder tree is the same.

So after that, you move all the folder %appdata%\utorrent to your new HD and you restart uT.

Like that you avoid to reload manually or automatically all your torrents in uT and you keep your settings about each torrent (like storage folder).

Archived