! Color Key/Legend

Hi,

How about some kind of legend to describe what the different colors mean. There's a lot of bars and graphics in uTorrent and it's not immediately obvious what the different colors in them mean. I've logic'd out a lot of them but it would still be a good idea to have a little keys for each one (I believe Azerus has one).

Thanks.

Hmmm... I remember seeing some color options in the Advanced ("don't modify") section of the options dialog, at least in a previous version; they don't seem to be in the latest one though.

I don't recall any version ever allowing color customization O.o

The closest I recall is the option to enable/disable alternating background color for each list item, which was moved out and into the General Options page.

(Err... very odd, but alternating background color doesn't appear to be working for me right now on 1.4.1 build 406...)

I don't recall any version ever allowing color customization O.o

The closest I recall is the option to enable/disable alternating background color for each list item, which was moved out and into the General Options page.

(Err... very odd, but alternating background color doesn't appear to be working for me right now on 1.4.1 build 406...)

Yeah, I think that's the one. I must have glanced at a some of the values, saw the words gui and color, and filed that in the back of my mind as customizable.

Still, Azureus has the little color bar right there at a glance, it would be nice if uTorrent did as well (but for every place where there is a bar). Although, like I said I figured them out anyway so it's not absolutely required; I just thought others who are familiar with it could use it.

*UPDATE*

A nice alternative to putting a key inside µTorrent would be to actually display the key visually in the FAQ, instead of just using the words "blue", "red", etc.

Also, there have been changes that aren't reflected in the FAQ yet. In 1.7ß, the Pieces bars and Files bars now display red where they didn't before.

It would be good to consolidate the whole color-code thing into one legend in the FAQ instead of having several separate sections (colors in this bar, colors in that bar), since µTorrent has a consistent theme.

• 2 years later...

Hey, what do you know. The manual has come a long way since the last time I looked at it. So has the online FAQ.

It looks really professional (clean) and thorough now. :)

Of course a little colored div is still easier and faster to find than color-words. ;)

Archived