[toolbar/tstatus] Comfort

Determination

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

great toolbar determination! i use it now and its very easy on the eyes and it goes well with hmmxp vs. oh, and if i could be so bold to ask you for a mod (with this boo debacle in mind :P). it'd be really nice if you could make the whithe borders less pixelated. i think it would give the skin a much sleeker look. just my 2 cents. amazing skin non the less!

the pixelation of the icons comes from the fact that I am drawing them a pixel at a time (not the shadows tho, those are PS). If I made a vector set, they would smooth the lines as you are describing. I probably won't do that for this set, since I would have to completely redesign them. Not to mention that it wouldn't fit the style of the also-pixelated status icons.

There are other ideas that I'm working on that will be more suited to Vector / smoothing approaches.

... and there's no boo debacle! It's just discussion of the subtleties of our community.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the quick release! Had to adjust some elements (such as transparency and fades) manually as I'm still on Win98, it's nice to finally have the set officially complete. :) ... although... program icon, perhaps? :P00069spw

[quoting the previous post is spam - quote removed]

Proper alphablending on Win98? Have to say I am not seeing it. Anywhere. o_o? Here's a screenshot of the unaltered Comfort set on my Win98 machine:

0006bqzs

I'll try with the default theme and some others as well.

[quoting the previous post is spam - quote removed]

Exactly what I thought. But Determination's remark just got me curious I guess. This is why I have been editting the themes I actually want to use. :)

So I guess I'm swapping back my Win98'ified versions of Comfort.

I was discussing this with ignorantcow when ludde was planning on changing the default theme. Originally, ludde wanted a 256 color, no alpha toolbar to solve this very problem, but ignorantcow told me that ludde changed how µTorrent dealt with the extra channel. It could very well be only for BSH's Operanized, and then only for the default icons. I'll ask about this when I seem them next.

Haze, do the default toolbar icons blend correctly?

Archived