torrent stop glitch

benjor9000

I've been using Utorrent for some time now, and never had this problem before. I stopped all torrents, intending it to be strictly temporary, and I save all my torrent files in case I restart them for other uses. Today I stopped 4 torrents, 2 of which were 700+meg files with over 5.0 ratios, and the torrents ALL simply removed from utorrent. I did the stop command with the stop button after selecting all 4 in the main window. I was able to re-load all 4, but it required a recheck of data, no errors, but lost the ratios. Fortunatly, the ratios were already reflected on the site I use' Tracker, so it wasn't as major of an issue as I at first feared, but I wanted to report this behavior, as I have never seen utorrent act in this fashion previously.

they were removed entirely from utorrent, they were not in any of the categories (I'm not new to utorrent just the forums). the data downloaded was fine, and the .torrent files were safe and sound in my torrent cache directory. so I was able to re-add them to utorrent and after checking existing data, then continued to share, I merely lost the share ratio shown in utorrent, but my torrent tracker site had already updated my ratios, thank god!

I just wanted to share this information in case anyone else has this occur, and so maybe a dev can look into it.

Archived