ut 1.8.2 ul speed and utp

ady4um

I'm using utorrent stable version 1.8.2. While seeding, I can max my ul speed. Well, that is correct if no connected peer is using utp. Every time I see IP [utp], the ul speed is not the max available.

I tested this issue using ipfilter.dat . Adding the peer which uses utp, the ul speed returns to an horizontal max line in the speed tab. Re-enabling the peer with utp connections (deleting the ip from ipfilter.dat) makes the graph "unstable" (i.e. not max ul speed) again. This happened with every ip address using utp, not just in one specific case.

Is there any way to avoid this type of connection in 1.8.2? I will change back to accept those connections when the programmers get it to work better than the current beta and alpha versions.

Thank you in advance.

I apologize because I know this issue was already mentioned before. Yes, I searched the forum before posting.

But I must say, it is not so simple to really know how this parameter works in each version. The reason for this confusion is several contradicting posts, some of them written by the same user. As en example, please read Firon's post http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?pid=398498#p398498

In my case, I'm using version 1.8.2 with bt.transp_disposition = 0 (default). This is letting utp peers to dl from me, which is preventing me from maximizing my ul speed.

So, please be so kind to repeat here which are the valid values for this parameter in 1.8.2 (not 1.8.3, not 1.9, just simply 1.8.2 stable) with its valid, correct, corresponding meanings.

Thank you in advance.

"In 1.8.0 - 1.8.2, bt.transp_disposition controls which transport is used for outgoing connections only (that is, it doesn't filter incoming connections)."

So you cannot prevent incoming uTP in v1.8.2 using bt.transp_disposition controls.

Ironically, even NOT forwarding UDP on uTorrent's listening port may not completely prevent uTP in v1.8.2!

Archived