utorrent resetting router?

spliff721

i have been using utorrent for many months now with little problem till a few days ago. i upgraded my broadband connection with qwest from 1.5mg to 12mg and since then my router has been rebooting every few minutes. i have spent many hours today on the phone and online with techs. but they cant seem to solve my problem. i have been doing some research and i see a few theories that p2p software can in some cases cause a router to reset. could utorrent be causing this. i find it hard to belive that after so many months of using it. but i thought i would ask.

thanx in advance.

my router is a 2wire 2701hg-d

ok, so i read a few other post in here and seen that some people were having the same prob. i turned off my notebook and left my desktop runing with utorrent 1.8.1 runninn. my connection stayed fine. so i concluded it has something to do with my laptop. i uninstalled 1.8.1 on my laptop and instaled 1.5. i am not having the problem anymore, but im not happy with that version of utorrent after using the newest one for so long. oh well, i guess its not that bad of a fix.

can anyone tell me why this is happening? i am going to try to upgrade 1 by 1 to the newer versions to see if i can use one of them.

DISABLE: UPnP, NAT-PMP, LPD, DHT (both kinds!), and Resolve IPs (right-click in PEERS window on an active torrent).

Keep Peer Exchange enabled...though it only works with public torrents.

Reduce global and per-torrent max connections to 100 or lower.

net.max_halfopen and bt.connect_speed can be lowered to 4 each to reduce the rate at which uTorrent fills up the router's ip tables.

Also possibly disable Teredo (IPv6) and uTP connections.

Disabling uTP is easiest to do on v1.8.3 betas.

Archived