Unable to set download location on RSS feed downloads?

Gizim

The downloads are started thru a RSS feed so i don't know when they start its kinda of random under the RSS Downloader it says "SAVE IN" and i put the directory to put it shouldn't it save them to that folder when completed?

Tried that didn't work ok i have some updates here

If a RSS feed download is started i can hit STOP then i the "Set download location" is clickable i can set it then and it works but any automatic RSS downloads wont be set like that.

Also on the LEFT if i right click one of the RSS Feeds lets say "TV Show 1" it has a option for "Set download location" but it is grayed out... so i think the "set download location" option is broken?

That should work. Mine works properly...

Under Options -> Directories I have "Move compelted downloads to" checked and I entered the folder I want all my stuff moved to when it's done ("U:\Downloads\1.Completed" to be specific). Below that I have "only move form the default download directory."

In my RSS downloader, I have the desired folder for the TV show entered in the "Save in" box. For example, "Chuck" is saved to "R:\TVShows\Chuck".

When a normal download finishes, it's moved to my completed folder of U:\Downloads\1.Completed, but when my RSS download finishes, Chuck for example, it stays where I told it to download to. Works hunky dory for me. And I have 16 RSS downloads for the record, all of them working that way.

If you're right clicking on a show inside the RSS feed, and that show is currently downloading, you can't set location. As Ultima said, you need to stop the download before you can set the location (the procedure in this case would be a download is in the wrong place, you stop it, copy it with file manager or my computer or whatever you use, then hit "set download location" and put in the new location, then "force re-check", after which you can restart the torrent).

I think the problem is you're trying to move downloads after they've started. That's not a good way to do things. Get them downloading to the right place from the start. With an RSS download that occurs regularly, this means setting it in the RSS Downloader (Options -> RSS Downloader or Ctrl-R) and selecting your show, then filling in the "save in" box (you can use the "..." button to browse if that's easier).

• 4 weeks later...

Archived