utorrent not downloading anything?

Jack06

Hi Guys

I'm having problems connecting to any sort of torrent, I connect as normal but it never starts downloading, the funny thing is I had an unrelated issue which caused me to reinstall windows, however prior to the fresh install it was working perfectly, and I didn't have to forward any ports?!

My girlfriend who also uses utorrent is having the same problems on her laptop, the settings of which she hasn't changed since it was working.

Can anyone shed some light, is utorrent having a bumpy ride or could it be an o2 broadband issue?

thanks in advance

Jack

GOOGLE it...check by both the name of your ISP and the name of any ISP they get service from (if they're a small ISP connected to a bigger one).

Both you and your girlfriend are sharing the same router + connection?

Have you checked its configuration?

Yes me and my girlfriend have been using the same configuration settings as previously when the torrents were working, nothing has changed, apart from me reinstalling windows.

I briefly googled and it showed a lot of people are migrating to o2 because their ISP are clamping down on torrents.

Other then that not much more came up..

Make sure each computer is using a different listening port for uTorrent.

Run either v1.8.2 or v1.8.3 of uTorrent...these seem the most reliable.

Check Vista/XP/whatever Windows version access permissions for uTorrent and the folders it accesses. If Windows is blocking, (possibly as the result of security policy changes forced on customers due to windows update?) then the whole problem may be easy to solve.

Windows firewall also gets activated by Windows service packs, check it too.

I'm having the same problem. I have a new HP Pavilion dx-7 1245 and have just downloaded utorrent. I have ensured that it is not blocked by the firewall. I have tried several different torrents to d/l with no joy. I am using a pre-paid internet card that connects at 46.6. (Yes very slow)...It takes awhile but I do use Utorrent on my other laptop..a Dell Inspiron 8000. If you have any ideas please advise.

Archived