Red arrow on ALL torrents

heeddaebaw

ive just been scanning through different threads and found out the red arrow means there is an error with the tracker or the tracker down... anyway a few days ago, all my torrents have a red arrow. It cant be the tracker cause ive tried lots of sites, private and public trackers and they all seem to be down... any suggestions on why this is happening, im using 1.8.1 and xp 64bit... everything was working fine a few days ago and nothing has been changed to my pc

thanks

Hey, sorry for this but im also having the same exact issue, no matter what torrent, i get a Downward Red arrow, and availability is always at 0.000. Any help for the 2 of us is great.

>Windows XP

>Norton Antivirus

>Utorrent 1.8.2

>TRACKER:

-Invalid URL

-No Connection Could be Made

Thanks

Kris142

I am also having the same issue.

Windows XP,

Trend Micro ,

uTorrent 1.8.2

Tracker error "no connection could be made because the traget machine actively refused it"

I have read the FAQ, checked the speed and port forwarding... read the Azurus wiki and still am unable to resolve...

Any suggestions are appreciated.. very low tech user...

Thansk

I am having this same problem. it is with ALL trackers and i've tried many different sites, but its all the same. It was fine a few days ago and have made no changes. Under the tracker tab, it says nothing is allowed and then it says No connection can be made because the target machine is actively refusing it. I am VERY new to all this, so please if you can help me, then thank you, but dont reply if your going to just put me down.

Thank you.

i have this problem too. my uTorrent version is 1.8.2 (build 14458)...

i got all kind tracker messages from "offline (timed out)" to "connection closed by peer" or "no connection could be made because the target actively refused it". i have this with all the trackers i am downloading from... about 20. from private to public. i used all kinds of older versions of uTorrent, but this only started happening after i installed the version i mention earlier. i have NAT, but the ports are ok and forwarded. the network indicator is lit green and says "network OK". i tried to install older versions to undo this, but somehow it stayed the same. what's the deal here?

Ok ive got an update here....

when i download from private trackers under 'trackers' tab... i get:

[DHT] Not allowed

[local peer exchange] Not allowed

[Peer exchange] Not allowed

then under the tracker status it says 'Proxy connect error: no connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it'

Now on public trackers i get ...

[DHT] Working

[local peer exchange] Working

[Peer exchange] Working

then under status it says 'Proxy connect error: no connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it' for every single tracker in a list of 20

i have just been through my settings and it turns out my little brother tried changing the settings from one of them crap 'boost download speed' videos on youtube and he messed up all the settings... i just turned all the proxy crap off and its working fine =D for those who are still having problems go Preferences > connection > Proxy server none.... hopefully it works like it did for me, thanks guys :)

• 2 weeks later...

hm okay i tried even formatting my hdd and installing a new antivirus (avast!) and i still get the connection errors. what could it be?

edit:

okay so i've just found out about the possibility that my ISP might be blocking peer-to-peer applications. as a last solution entered it in the search engine and actualy quite a lot of blogs and disscussions about it poped up. then again those people also posted statements from the company denying it and it just might be the common internet paranoia in the end. i am from Czech Republic and it just doesn't seem like a viable theory that one of the internet provider companies would take this "piracy and copyright" issues that seriously... or at least that there hasn't been any pressure from outside, any that i know of that is. does anyone have similar experience with his provider?

btw is it possible to determine whether they are blocking it or not? besides phoning them of course.

Archived