Web UI won't work outside local network

Jing

To be sure...

- The Speed Guide's port checker does indicate that the port is properly forwarded, right?

- Is your firewall allowing µTorrent to establish HTTP connections?

- Are you using ipfilter.dat and happen to be blocking the IP address you're trying to access from?

- Are you restricting access to certain IPs in Preferences > Web UI?

You checked ALL of these?

To be sure...

- The Speed Guide's port checker does indicate that the port is properly forwarded, right?

- Is your firewall allowing µTorrent to establish HTTP connections?

- Are you using ipfilter.dat and happen to be blocking the IP address you're trying to access from?

- Are you restricting access to certain IPs in Preferences > Web UI?

And you are using the correct IP ( http://www.whatismyip.com )?

• 3 weeks later...

I'm having this exact same issue.

Speed Guide says the port is open. I've tried disabling my firewall (and double-checked that there is no firewall active elsewhere in my signal path) and it still doesn't work, so that's not the problem. I'm not using ipfilter.dat or blocking IPs in Prefs.

Torrents work fine. Accessing on the local network works fine. I've had friends outside my local network check on access, so it's not a loopback issue.

I'm definitely using the correct IP -- copied and pasted from Speed Guide on my most recent try, and I can access my modem via the same IP if I enable remote management.

I've tried this using both the default port and using an alternative port. I've tried with UPnP enabled and disabled.

I'm really not sure what else my issue could be, so if someone can point out something I'm missing, that would be great.

Archived