I have no idea how this thing works.....!

missladybug

I have just recently bought a mac and have been recommended utorrent as a good file sharing program to use (previously used emule on windows) and I am completely confused... Having downloaded the mac version from this website I'm now absolutely stumped as to what the hell to do next. SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP ME coz I'm going crazy here! Thanks

To use utorrent, you need to download torrent files from sites that publish them.

sites like mininova, the pirate bay, demonoid share a lot of torrents and have an internal search engine.

You download a small file .torrent, that you should open with utorrent. It works like ed2k links and gives you the connection with other people sharing the file. Then the download of the content you are searchin for, begins.

Thanks Percuiss, I am now up and running, sort of!

My light tends to be orange/yellow rather than green a majority of the time and I've read through the help pages and noticed advice on forwarding ports but I really don't know how to do it....

Also, having followed the set-up guide, I am unable to find the location within preferences where I need to input my average upload speed...

Any suggestions...?! Thanks

Archived