General µTorrent Problems

BenMused

Hi, I'm new here. I've been lurking around for a few hours before registering/posting my questions here. I couldn't find an answer in other threads around here, (due mainly in part to not understanding half of what was being suggested.) So anyway, I'll explain my problem, and hopefully someone will be able to help me out in layman's terms.

Anyway, I've been using µTorrent for the last month, and it's worked fine, save for slow speeds, due to my computer being five years old. I could deal with the slow speed, seeing as it actually worked. I could listen to music, surf the web- generally do anything while the program was running. Until yesterday anyway. In the search for a way to increase my speed... I've managed to make it so that µTorrent runs at even SLOWER speeds, (2.0Kb/s), and that when it runs, I can no longer run Internet Explorer.

Can anyone explain to me what I did, and how I can possibly fix it?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

if you can't run internet explorer that's a good thing not a bad thing, honestly firefox is better than ie and is way faster

tho sides from that i would suggest reversing any of the changes you did to utorrent, yeah i know a no brainer but pretty simple and some ppl don't think about it

if you forget what you did, delete the utorrent dir in c:\documents and settings\<your username here>\application data

tho i'd suggest making sure your torrent files aren't stored in there, if they are probly just delete the settings.dat file in there isntead

that's the culprit freedom is BAD, even worse you gotta pay for it as a subscription per month

norton is a lightweight mem hog compared to freedom, remove freedom and you'll have a better net connection

freedom like norton can tend to go rogue every once in a while and the best solution is to remove it altogether

Archived