Version 0.9.1.1 has been released

Firon

This release should fix the various problems than 0.9.1 had.

Download it here! http://utorrent.com/downloads/mac

Changes in 0.9.1.1

* Fix: don't wait indefinitely for trackers and UPnP when shutting down

* Change: Deleted files are now moved to the trash.

* Fix: Socket bug that broke incoming connections.

* Fix: 100% CPU utilization

* Fix: deadlock on socket error.

* Fix: uTP bug fixes and enhancements

* Fix: .dat file memory leak

* Fix: Integrity check .dat files after saving. Do not overwrite file.dat.old with a bad file.dat

Changes in 0.9.1

* fix: speculative fix for crashes seen in crashdumps

* added: Reordering of torrent priority in the queue.

* fix: Problems when downloading selected files from a multi-file torrent.

* fix: upgraded application core to the latest code base.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

downloaded and installed the upgrade.

Problems I encountered.

Current torrents refuse to download. It goes into "Updateing tracker status" and doesnt do anything.

New torrents refuse to download.

I checked to see that port settings were all ok. everything is the same.

I downloaded and reinstalled an older version and all works fine again, old torrents resume downloading and new torrents start downloading as well....

suggestions?

Dudes... I don't wanna be a total douche, but you gotta be yanking me. 0.9.0.4 is running alright, open port and everything, I upgrade to 0.9.1.1 and now it says the port is "Not Connectable"? Forwarding is set up fine, the port isn't being blocked by the ISP. Wtf guys. Second release with the same issue?

Is there a link to 0.9.0.4 somewhere so I can go back to something that works?

I have an interesting visual glitch. I resized the info panel before the interface was fully initialized and now the info panel is above the Downloads pane. The existing download I had did resume, I was never able to get a green light despite correct port mapping, but it may just be that no one is trying to connect to me as I'm not on a busy torrent.

I have problems with this release as well. For me, it's worse than 9.0.4. No torrent movement at all, up or down.. When I start uTorrent up, it often sets the port to 0 (zero). And it mostly uses 100% CPU time (or close to), while seemingly doing nothing. I'm on a 2006 (white) 24" iMac running OS X 10.5.6.

Oh well.. Back to 9.0.4 - once again. Good thing I always keep a backup of that version at all times. :) I hope all issues will eventually be resolved. It must not be easy.

The search tab crash is on the list of bugs to fix. For the people with the connectivity issues, have you tried removing the settings.dat file? This is documented in the Mac troubleshooting guide in the forum. If you can make a backup of those files along with a saved program sample from the Activity Monitor when the failure occured and get those to me I will attempt to reproduce the problem and fix it in a future release.

This version is working great in my test environment and has been tested by a number of people before the beta release. It's hard to fix a bug you can't reproduce so any help I can get would really be appreciated.

i had connection issues with this version and i was red and i know my port was forwarded correctly - as i have to be connectable i rolled back to 0.9.0.4 which i have never had one scrap of trouble with apart from not being able to select which files to d/l

but theron has suggested removing the setting.dat file - which i may try that later when i have time to fiddle and see if that works when i re d/l this latest version

I've got similar connection issues after updating uTorrent, I was about to reboot when I had the idea to reset the incoming port to it's previous value (after updating it got set to 0, no idea why), then it started working again. Everything is OK now. I hope it helps.

I've got the same problems listed (several times) above. Everything worked fine on the old version, and now I get no connection light, nothing downloads and nothing uploads. I've tried randomizing the port, but none of the torrents will seed or leech. Not sure how to delete the settings.dat file, so I can't try theron's fix. Is there a way to download the previous version that was working for me?

ok i tried therons suggestion and removed the settings.dat files and re d/l this version and still i was not connectable - i deleted my rules and remade them in my router and this made no difference - i was still not connectable.

Also each time i reopened this version it did give me a different port number each time i opened utorrent which is bad for me as i use one port number and set the rule for it.

I have again gone back to 0.9.0.4 version.....but i want to say thanks so much for all the work and efforts you guys are doing it is appreciated - hopefully we will get to a stable version soon :)

Was using 9.1 but it kept dropping from 55 kbps to 0 and staying there.

I tried to reload at the site and it had only 9.04, loaded this and things worked the best every with unselecting sub files and no stopping

announcement for 9.11 installed and deleted all the files but resume.dat

and it does wild swings from 55 to 0 and stays at 0 till i restart.

Stability is more important, this dropping issue has been around for the 3 months I have used utorrent.

Azureus had the same problem and why i switched.

Is there a link to go back to 9.04 *****************************

Ok so I deleted all my settings, and the plst file. uTorrent is working a little. It has the orange light, so it has connections only no incoming.

So I tried downloading a torrent with a lot of seeders, thats downloading at 50 kb/s, not really fast. I also tried downloading two torrents from a private tracker, they don't even connect, can't even find peers. So dunno what going on there.

Archived