Version 0.9.1.1 has been released

Firon

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok so I deleted all my settings, and the plst file. uTorrent is working a little. It has the orange light, so it has connections only no incoming.

So I tried downloading a torrent with a lot of seeders, thats downloading at 50 kb/s, not really fast. I also tried downloading two torrents from a private tracker, they don't even connect, can't even find peers. So dunno what going on there.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Same here. I even downgraded to 0.9.0.4 and it doesn't work at all :(

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am new to utorrent but having similar issues to posts about version 9.1 mainly that I show a red or amber light ... almost never a green. More importantly I find the download speeds drop to zero, sometimes after only a few minutes even though I show multiple peers and seeds, and the "available" bar is blue. Only closing and restarting utorrent gives a temporary fix(usually only a few minutes). Would like to try 0.9.0.4 but can't find it to download.

MacBookPro5,1 with 4GB RAM, 2.53 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, OS X version 10.5.6

theron, I will try the fixes you suggest I hope the information about my machine is some help.

Unfortunately uTorrent 0.9.0.1 (14940) has the same problems with 100% CPU usage here! Everything's perfect for the first minutes, buit then upload and download will drop to 0 KB/s and CPU fan will run at highest speed until I quit uTorrent... (I have also removed the old settings and tried a fresh-installed uTorrent, but the same behaviour!)

Black Macbook 3,1 - 1GB RAM DDR2-667 - OS X 10.5.6

Peace,

OWhopper

so is anybody else having this problem.

Whenever I download anything it downloads for a little then goes to inactive 2 hours later it starts the download again then goes inactive again. So a file that usually would take 2 hours to download would download in 10. I needed to download this 1.6gig file, with 100 seeders it took me 3 days. it usually takes me 3 hours to download 3 gigs.

YES i tried force start no use.

the only time it will go back to downloading is when i stop the download and click start/fs again..

i guess I am having the same problem with my u torrent as OWhopper.

Eh...

anybody help?

there are answers buried somewhere in the following text, please do read it.

i think i know what the problem is, no http connections are working out of utorrent(mac), this would explain no upnp or tracker communication, with DHT on i can download (cuz of DHT) after that even if u disable DHT it works cuz utorrent remembers the users u previously connected to (that should help people that can't get torrents started). If you turn DHT off and download a brand new torrent it won't connect (atleast on my and i'm assuming are a lot of you's computers out there.). for now turning DHT on for popular torrents is not bad cuz you get some peers and then PEX handles the rest BUT on private trackers u really can't do that cuz no PEX or DHT or tracker communication. sorry if this is too long, but i think this is the problem. turn DHT off (on by default) download a new torrent and try it out to repeat, then after some time, turn it on and wait and post ur results (i have macbook 2nd gen C2D on osx 10.5.6).

Followed the troubleshooting guide regarding the file deletion thing. (only stupid that I didn't know that this means, the torrent list is being deleted, too)

Unibody 2.4GHz/4GB RAM, 10.5.6

1. Port is being reset to random or 0 each restart. Only sometimes it stays. I don't know how I do it, but after 5-10 restarts it suddenly stays, but after some restarts it is set to 0(!), and then this funny game starts all over again [random, random, random, my, my, 0, random....] (I also tried switching different ports)

2. Some Torrents work (private tracker, filesizes only 350 MB). One download that I tried didn't work (big torrent with subfolders, about 6 GB from public tracker). No folder was created, although speed at 2-4 KB/s. Though this torrent is working perfectly (250 KB/s immidiately) in Transmission

3. 100% issue. Mostly, at first everything seems to be working fine. But after some time (sometimes 2 seconds, sometimes several minutes), the cpu usage climbs up to something around 100%.

1.(Port) and 3.(100%) I didn't have in 0.9.0.4

1.(Port) and 3.(100%) I had in 0.9.1, too

2.(Big torrents) I don't know, because I didn't have this torrent in the earlier versions

Please fix this, I hate Transmission, I don't want to use it, I don't like it, I don't like the layout, the sorting, almost everything about it (only thing is it downloads perfectly).

I would love to use uTorrent again.

Have the same problem with large torrents. Unable to load a torrent referencing 74 files (totalling 15 gigs of data). Creates a blank row in the torrent list and doesn't download anything. I experienced this in 0.9.0.4 and the current rev.

And jojoman02, I think you have the correct answer. HTTP isn't working on mine period. UPnP is dead (router isn't even getting the port request). I only use a private tracker without PEX/DHT, so downloads/uploads don't work at all.

I've done the plist and support file deletions and 20 hail mary's but nothing seems to work :-(

I'm still seeing the 100% CPU usage bug in 0.9.1.1 (and have been since it came out). It sometimes takes 30 seconds after it is open, 10 minutes, or a few hours (usually less time, like under 30 minutes). This doesn't appear to happen in 0.9.0.4. I've been using 0.9.0.4 lately, but some of the other bugs that have been fixed since 0.9.0.4 are annoying ;)

Please feel free to contact me if there's any debugging information that might be helpful, and I'll be checking this thread periodically for more information.

I`m still asking why there are so many complaints in this "announcement" section. Go to troubleshooting... there are more than enough hints stating that uT is still Beta and the problems ARE being taken care of...

I`m glad that uT for Mac is out there. And yes, I got the port problem from time to time, too. It needs 2 or 3 restarts with the app, overwrite the "0" port with the red light if it appears, by then it works...

Guys, sorry but for me upgrading from 0.9.0.4 to 0.9.1.1 is a total fail.

- Makes my CPU max out which it didn't before

- Incoming connections are broken

Downgraded to 0.9.0.4 and all is OK again *phew*

Apart from the moan however, uTorrent is just a brilliant product. Keep up the great work.

Archived