100% CPU useage seems to be back with 0.9.1.1

Dr_Grip

after erassing preferences using terminal( this was a post from µtorrent mac developer)... ilosed all my torrnts ( but all were downloaded =D )

and updating to uTorrent-Mac-15171 (0.9.1.2)) cpu usage felt to 60/75%.... speed is improved ( 40 torrents ) at 190kb/seg....

now I'm trying 0.9.1.2RC.... hope this will better enough =D

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ugh, after all my torrents getting erased just to fix a supposedly fixed bug there's no way I'm downloading them all again just to re-add to uTorrent.

This is the first time in 5 years I haven't been able to find decent software on the mac for a particular application.

First, I trash my torrents because, theoretically, I shouldn't need them again. And second, there's no chance I'm going to redownloand and reimport 150+ torrents into an unstable app that doesn't function as reported. Only to have to deal with something like this again on the next update.

I know it's still a beta, but it's unfortunate. Maybe I'll be back when it's got a decent feature set and stability.

For those of you who have the 100% cpu bug, do you have any upload/download max limits set?

@dep:

First: The torrents are saved by uTorrent. Look in ~/Library/Application Support/uTorrent.

Second: What doesn't function as reported?

It sounds like you have a different issue then this thread is discussing. Try making a new one or finding the proper thread before complaining and/or asking for help.

My CPU load increases if I have a browser (Camino) and any other major application open (like Word). The combined load requires me to close down at least one application, sometimes two or three before the CPU load goes back down and the fans stop whirling. I'm using a late version Macbook.

For those of you who have the 100% cpu bug, do you have any upload/download max limits set?

No; 0.9.1.1 was my first ever install of uTorrent and it goes to 100% as soon as the program loads (with no torrents) and stays that way until I quit. All the settings are the default for a new install, which don't have upload/download limits. I've installed 0.9.0.4 as a workaround and that seems fine for now.

I also noticed that when the bug hit, pplogger (associated with the PeerGuardian anti-p2p/spyware firewall) maxed out as well until I killed it. I'm not quite sure what that implies except that a lot of requests are going through the network stack...

[edit]

... but disabling DHT and Peer Exchange on 0.9.1.1 make no difference here.

Can you try setting rate limits and see if that stops the 100% problem from happening?

Annoyingly, a hardware problem forced me to reboot and since then I can't replicate the problem in the same way. Will try this if it appears again though.

And the problem with pplogger is that its useless. But if you insist on using it, i guess its worth noting problems.

Not sure what you mean here - I'm not particularly interested in logging blocked packets but it's part of Peerguardian which seems to work quite well in general. At least it doesn't hang my Mac anymore... :)

Great news, good to see you link a older version officially too, it helped me get away from transmission and back with utorrent, cause 9.1.1, is just a emergency number, incase bad things hit the fileshare community?

The problem seems to be still present in 0.9.1.2...

Can you try setting rate limits and see if that stops the 100% problem from happening?

But when I set a download limit and closed the preferences window, CPU usage dropped to 2.5% or so... bizarrely, it stayed like that, even when I unticked the download limit box!

Archived