0.9.1.1 still doesnt work properly

lucidmind

I still get the same "no incoming connections", and after a while all downloads stopped, leaving only a red light.

Reverted back to an older version, which I was lucky to have saved on my hard drive, since I can't find them on your web site anymore.

Is there something I can do to make the new version work as intended?

I'm seeing the same issues. Couldn't get any connection whether or not I forwarded the port manually via my router or used auto-port mapping.

I've reverted back to .9.0.4, which seems to work well for me, even when using the auto-port mapping setting.

im facing the same issue too, the new version could not detect any open ports at all no matter what i tried. so i reverted back to the older version 9.0.4

another issue is that, even changing of random ports was not checked... it still changes ports.

btw, why cant 9.0.4 change the downloading queue?

Same problem for me. No incoming connections even though ports are redirected correctly. Erased all old settings files and even done a reboot. Reverted back to 0.9.0.4 (Thnx to Versiontracker) and everything started up directly with full speed transfers.

Both this version and the last 9.1.1 don't work for me at all. All the tracker status says updating... and I get no connections for d/l or u/l. I have deleted the application AND the settings files as suggested and then reinstalled, but it didn't help. Not sure what to do besides revert, which I'm reluctant to do.

I have a similar problem. I actually updated (after being prompted by auto-update) in the middle of a download. That download is stuck, it gets no connections. My connection status is grayed out. Have rebooted, restarted router, tried different ports, and reset config files—nothing. I'm going to revert, and hopefully get things going again.

FYI, I have a first gen Mac Pro, with a completely up-to-date Leopard install.

UPDATE: Reverting to 0.9.1 via Time Machine solved everything. With no other changes, I now have active downloads and connections.

Reverting may not be troubleshooting but, when that's the only solution to yield downloads again, it's all we got.

Tried deleting the dat and plist files and installed the latest update but I still see no incoming connections after a few minutes.

Reverting back to .9.0.4 works normally for me.

I can try/test anything and send logs, please let me know.

Update hosed my preferences so I quit, deleted the plist & dats and restarted. No connection on any port. Initial UPnP packets weren't reaching the router at all, according to the router anyway. So I quit again, deleted plist & dats and application. Re-installed using the updated .dmg. Still no connection no matter what port I choose.

I can generate logs if you need them. I had upgraded from 0.9.0.4(13906)

I'm on OS 10.5.6

I am having all of the problems listed by others in this thread and other threads (no downloads, cannot receive incoming connections & sometimes outgoing, no tracker connection, etc.) plus other problems like the persistent 100% CPU usage. Clearing out everything that is part of µTorrent either manually or with AppDelete, then reinstalling or reverting, doesn't solve the problem.

I can't even get older versions to work properly; they all do the same thing. I know it can't be a network issue because I have a PowerBook running Vuze right now and it's torrenting without any trouble at all.

Another odd problem I've always had with µTorrent for Mac: it doesn't seem to want to associate the µTorrent icon with .torrent files. That's just a nit-pick, but still an issue I thought someone might want to be aware of.

(My config: early '09 MacBook unibody 2,4GHz, OS X 10.5.6, all updates.)

HI,

Okay, I`m going to have to sound off here on the new version. Basically what happens is this - everything appears to work just fine for about five minutes or so and then everything is dropped. All up and down goes to zero with a green light and everything appears to be just fine, however as I said up and down is zero. I`ve gone through the trouble shooting guide and reset and reinstalled as per the instructions in the trouble shooting guide to no avail. So I`ve reinstalled 9.0.4 and everything is great. My torrents load and the up and down is just fine. I know this doesn`t help however, just my two cents. Regardless the software is great, keep the good work.

S.

And did you back up and purge your settings?

Most of us noted what we purged our settings. It hasn't helped.

As spoonbender noted, the new version seems to run well for a few minutes and then, no connections. For whatever reasons, .9.0.4 seems to work well us.

If there's any info we can log and send to help diagnostic purposes, please let us know.

Edit for clarification: Looks like the trackers need to whitelist the latest version of utorrent. Until that happens, we will continue to experience the connection issues.

I wonder if there's anything we, as users, can do to help the trackers get the current version whitelisted faster?

can't be whitelist problems. If that were the case, the tracker status would show an error message of it being rejected by the tracker. Instead, with me the tracker status constantly says updating....., but never gets anywhere, never makes a connection to a seed or peer.

Archived