Question On Upload/Download

FOol921

Alright so i have been usen Utorrent for along time now. Before when i had it running and downloading what ever was downloading it would not bog down my computer and i could still search the web/play video games. well i installed the newest Utorrent and when i have it running i can not do anything at all internet related. my upload speeds are going faster then my download speeds. i have tried to tweek and set the correctly but nothing seems to work. no matter what i set my max upload speed to it just ignores it.

I have no problem uploading. i would rather have my upload speeds alot faster when i am not downloading. i ran the speed test and it says i have a speed of 9.21 what is the preferred connection settings for this speed. again my computer needs to be useable wall i am downloading. before i would download at over 1.15m per second and my computer would not feel it at all. now i cant even do 200kb my upload speeds are outrageous.

i am asking for help not a stupid guide that everyone alrdy does before asking for help. alrdy went threw all that. my question was clear. i am asking you guys what settings you actually use for a connection speed around 10mbit. that does not bog down your game play or web browsing.

Trying to use a forum for what it actually is. a means of directly working with someone through your problems. That is more educated then your self.

Otherwise this is no better then when you call a phone number and you get a automated machine to try to guide you to where you actually need to be. Then after spending 2 hours with the automated machine your problem still is not fixed and now you are just pissed off because you called a place for help and you wasted your entire time because you never got to talk to a actual person.

But see those settings did bog down my computer. and it was clear that those will not work for my connection. i cant even go to a single web page with those setting never mind play a video game online.

What i am asking for is what people are actually usen

This is not my first time usen Utorrent and i know that i can run Utorrent wall playing multiple games and searching the web with out feeling any sluggishness in my connection. with my total download speeds over 1.5mbit

I have to have Utorrent completely close atm just so i can try to work this out on here. otherwise i cant even make 1 post with those settings.

So are you willing to help now? or you going to keep trying to send me to a guide that does not work for my application?

I am looking for someone to DIRECTLY work with threw these issues. ask me questions to help resolve a problem. i have tried usen those guides for the past few hours. and im done with them. Unless you are willing to actually help please stop posting here and i will wait till someone with actual knowledge of the situation comes on. thank you for attempting to help.

If they're recommending a version that has known security flaws, they aren't better.

You provided no useful information for us to be able to help you with your issue and expected us to be able to help.

If you want our help, use one of the supported versions and provide the information our troubleshooting guides request.

Just to add, because others mentioned it before... Switching BACK to another version doesn't "Fix" anything... Because it doesn't apply to the version you had problems iwht.. So it isn't like you're helping anyone by switching back because that means, you're just going back to a version that isn't being updated upon.

Your issue has been addressed...

And you didn't specify which version of uTorrent you are using.. If it's 1.9, the Upload Limit issue has been brought up, as the Limits Set are ignored and will be fixed. 1.8.# don't have these problems (At least I never experienced them, but for 1.9 I know it's there)

Links:

Bug

uTorrent 1.9

Archived