Connection problems

MadMax891

Well, I don't know where to start. I'm not new to torrenting, but I have never had any connection issues or problems with the program. But now, I'm not at the same place and everything is different. I have a different internet connection, DSL, but it still shouldn't be acting THIS slow I would think.

I have a similar problem to this guy, although I do not believe with those settings.

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=17868

I know something has got to be off with something, or my settings with the progam. I am literally getting downloads at 2-5 kb/s sometimes. Other times some files will be going at 10. Somehow I feel that they should all go at least 10-20 standard.

I do have a box at the bottum. It had the warning saying that I have connection problems, and to portforward/change firewall. Funny thing is, I don't have a router. My firewall shouldn't be blocking anything, and I know the basic windows firewall isnt blocking either. This is just not making any sense to me.

Feel free to request any info on settings, I'll be happy to do anything if I can fix this.

Thanks

Edit: I'm sorry, wrong forum. Could this be moved to the Speed Problems forum please? Thank you.

If it was doing nothing at all, the next suggestion would be to remove it, hence the question. If there is no router in place at all, and there isn't one built into your modem, then something is blocking the connection. If you're 100% sure there's no hardware routing or firewalls in place, it has to be one of the software ones. Either that or your ISP is doing something untoward. Have you tried a different port?

Yes, I have tried switching the ports..

I use Symantec Antivirus(not Norton, the business one). I have administrative access, and as far as I can tell it shouldn't be blocking anything. I am not sure if my ISP is blocking anything or not, although I would hope not. I use Verizon.

Any ideas???

I think you guys may be right. I took a closer look at my modem. The brand names i see on the modem is Wind River and Westell. DSL2+ Router. Model 6100. I'm going to try and see how far i get port forwarding and I'll check back.

Edit:

Hrm. I got into my router, but when it prompts me for the user and pass i have no clue what it is. The default admin/password doesn't work either.

Archived