new torrents wont start till uTorrent restarted

nasanu

Now I'll just start out by saying yes the port forwarding is fine. Yes uTorrent is setup correctly for queuing etc.

This has only started to happen recently. I am running uTorrent 1.8.3. It works fine when I start it, all torrents begin downloading quite quickly and seeding takes place for finished torrents. However if I add a new torrent it will connect to the tracker, show the blue down arrow and say downloading, but wont make any peer connections at all no matter how long I wait (on the new torrent only, torrents already there still work perfectly). If I shut down uTorrent and restart then the new torrent will quickly start to download and everything works perfectly. Until I add the next torrent of course.

Anyone know why this is? I have made no changes to uTorrent setup for a long time, the only change is the beta updates which may be the cause I guess. But if others are experiencing this they are not making a lot of noise about it.

Did it work fine with 1.8.2? It could be a bug in 1.8.3 since it's still in Beta, I'd be curious to see if it works with the latest stable. If it works with the latest stable, it's a bug in the Beta, if the problem persists in 1.8.2 we'll have to check some other things.

Archived