Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tarento

'Browse for Folder' dialogue

Please excuse me if this was suggested before (I've searched and could not find it mentioned):

When moving the download location for torrents (within utorrent, via right click advanced -> set download location) the dialogue that pops up (labeled 'Browse for Folder'), which lets you specify a new location for the torrent, always displays the desktop/top level, with 'My Documents' highlighted.

I would like (desperately) if the folder browsing was relative or remembered what the current download folder was. Moving hundreds of folder locations (for seeding, after reorganization, for example, into multiple folders, or sometimes just correcting the spelling on folders that have finished downloading) and having to renavigate the same paths over and over is very tedious, painful, making me burst into tears and want to cut my hand off, etc ;)

This type of location is not possible with BEncode Editor, as lots of different folders end up going to many multiple locations (depending on where they're sorted to and/or spelling of folders corrected, for example), and a mass replace all is not useful and an individual replace takes just as much work as moving folder locations through utorrent.

IIRC, uTorrent keeps the launch path ("start in" for those familiar with Process Explorer) as the default location.

Is it possible to create shortcuts to your destination folders in that path or at least setup some basic "default save" directory parameters..

Those are the only options... unless you decide to use a labels-based organization system for easier maintenence.