please help

ctrlaltdel

i just got a Motorola SB5102 modem and i need help with port forwarding. when i test to see if the port is open i get this error message - An error has occurred!

Port 43861 does not appear to be open.

i never had a cable modem before, i was using dialup until yesterday. so i'm hoping someone can help me figure this out. thanks.

i dont seem to see my model at portforward.com. everything was working fine when i had dialup.

kasperksy 8 isnt interfering i dont think. this all seems complicated to get my torrent on. my modem is connected directly to my pc if that helps. this is all new to me.

i figured it out just had to untick enable UPnP port mapping. thanks anyway.

thanks, it sucked big time, while i had dialup the best thing about torrenting was the resume capability. now i dont have to worry about getting disconnected while Dloading files.

one thing maybe someone can shed some light on this, i'm able to get the green check mark telling me network connections are fine, but when i do the test for port forwarding i still get an error message. as long as i see the green symbol i shouldn't worry? thanks.

Kaspersky 8 is full internet security. There may be 2 things slowing you down.

1) It may be doing some deep inspection of your packets, which slows everything down while it scans (I don't know if Kaspersky 8 does this or not)

2) The firewall portion may be blocking the port.

Archived