Align Right

jataman

first sorry for my english.

Don't you think that numbers are easier to read when they are align to right side? Look at those pictures, it is easier to read numbers from the second one then first

19rp.jpg27if1.jpg

no need to make it look like another BT client

but it can be more user-friendly

Hm, now that you've posted the screenshot, I feel that it's easier to read the numbers if the letters are aligned in that way...

They are sorta easier to read because they are "seperated" with the grey and white lines, makes it easier to distinguish. Something i'd like to see would be being able to choose the font you want, now that would definitly make it more easier to read to some of us :D But align right seems to be ok.

• 2 weeks later...

I defintely approve of "Right Align" in number-based columns. It would increase Readablity as well as Neatness.

Also, I suppose a request of Alternating Row Colour would also go hand in hand with Right Align through Readability. I'm not sure how much code it would take, but if it's one or the other I'd side with Right Align over Colours.

• 3 weeks later...
I agree

Letters left Numbers right

Yup, it has been that way in Calc/Excel for quite some time now. Makes everything so much easier to read. Good post, OP. ;)

Oh, and after persuading Vurlix :P, optional alternating row colors is being implemented...now I need to convince him to base it on torrent status... ;)

Archived