SuperSeed Stuck at 99.9%

DeCiBeL

This is an ongoing problem since at least 1.2.2. Read your thread located here. Everyone has been experiencing this problem on many different trackers. Its not a torrent problem, its a client problem. This is still an issue in 1.4.1 build 406. Can you please look into this?

Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

THe problem is that none of us have been able to reproduce it, so we don't know HOW to fix it.

If this happens to you, please get on IRC when ludde is on and do NOT turn off super-seeding.

Also, turn on the debug column and see what piece the 99.9% peers get stuck on

This is with 1.4.1-beta-build-421

For me it won't even let me connect.

In the logs it says connecting, then seconds later it says "connection closed"... also some peers block the connetions.

Note though that I only had peers on dht as connecting to the tracker didn't work. Also it's same without super-seeding activated.

Still a supreme client though, maxes out my bandwidth both up and down without problem!

• 2 weeks later...

I Superseeded using 1.4.1 Build 425 last night, but again, all the peers stuck at 99.9%. Unfortunately, I couldn't get onto IRC, but I did turn on the Debug column. Nearly all the peers were showing 0| -1 (not sure what that means), but a couple were showing a different value (0| 4xxx - I forgot to write down the exact value - doh!). However, utorrent was not uploading anything, ie the torrent had effectively stopped. This was a torrent consisting of 4158 x 256KB chucks. Switched out of Superseeding and everyone then completed.

Hope this helps to fix this bug. As this happens everytime I seed on one particular tracker, I'm happy to do any sort of diags that might be needed to get to the bottom of this - just let me know.

maybe it's time to set up an test torrent (and rather lager as the once i've seen that got stuck are large.)

1 super-seed (just 1 seeder in super-seeding mode, as other seeders would distribute the last piece(s) )

and some leechers (10?) and see what happens.

just a suggestion.

• 1 month later...

Well, I like to say some words again.

I've now version 1.5 running. And - voila - the same bug is reproducable here. Is it that big deal to fix an little error like this? This time all my torrents stuck at 99.7% instead of 99.9% (as earlier). This problem exist now since version 1.2.2. And we have now 1.5. When will this annoying bug be fixed? In version 22.94?

As I could read in the FAQ and also on wikipedia, try to run without super-seeding for a while (from the beginning of seeding a new torrent).

Perhaps its better without any limitations for you.

Somewhere I also read, that super-seeding is not the super-thing as it should/could be.

@schnurlos:

I agree with you to not use SuperSeeding. But when you have a small line and you want to optimize your upload SuperSeeding is a very good thing for that.

The other thing is that are older µtorrents asking for parts already available in the swarm while I am the only full source. That suxx too and the only way to get rid of clients asking for available parts is SuperSeeding. It also keeps the releaser a little bit "secure" by not showing the Swarm that he/she is the full source. It has pro and cons, of course, but I am a little bit pissed that this stu*id bug is now included since 1.2.2.

I love this client by far but this bug is really annoying for me.

Edit:

I have reproduced this bug now with 1.5. I used a self created torrent to upload a movie from my home to my webserver. On my webserver Azureus is running. After 99.8% Azureus didn't get any further bytes. I waited over 30 minutes by µtorrent won't continue upload.

Please - its really time now to fix this bug for ever. Its really really annoying.

Edit 2:

I noticed that this also happends when super-seeding is disabled. Maybe this has something to do with the "share rarest part" flag?

Edit 3:

Same file, both Azreus Client. No Problem - upload up to 100%. If one client is uTorrent it won't work. Testet on two different PCs (Linux->Windows, Windows->Linux).

• 2 months later...

Archived