partial download troubles

DogZillA

i surrender

i cant even search the forums properly

i dowloaded a group of files within a torrent and winrar says i did not.

i downloaded a file up, and down on the list, thinking a piece may be in them

i am gettin very frustrated...maybe reinstalling windows will help....

if i could get a clue here i would be happy for a little while

tia, Dog

what are the settings, or problems µTorrent has with partials?

it shows the section of files being complete, but i get an error saying maybe the files are incomplete...even for the 15k .nfo file

i recently turned compact allocation back to false

i open nfo file thru µtorrent and i get an error

i had some files in the torrent on priority skip.... and the finished set of files shows an error

the completed .nfo file (in µtorrent) is not even in the containing folder, i cant find it

how did u know that i had partfile false when compact allocation was on?... oh i get it...u were being facetious! lol!

(i changed them both, like the FAQ suggested) and if it MEANT 'DO NOT MODIFY', where it says 'DO NOT MODIFY'....it would not be so easilly modifiable, with resets and suggestions and help pages and FAQs on how to modify it...can somebody help me out who HAS modified the advanced setts b4 please

ultima, have u changed ur adv. setts?, i assume you have... are u intimately familliar with µT? if u can help me figure out my prob, i would appreciate it, if ur going to teach me about the diaper, im not interrested, thnx =]]

helluva idea ultima, not quit the kind of insight i was hoping for tho, thanx anyway

Unfortunately, I'm not very familiar with the Advanced Settings (yes, I do change stuff in it, but not much)... Sorry. But if anybody's more familiar with µTorrent (besides ludde), it'd probably be Firon. Meaning you'll probably have to wait for his reply, or ludde's (if he signs on to the forums, which doesn't happen all the time).

i wish he hadn't assumed i was being stupid....

here is my info guiding what ive done so far... http://www.utorrent.com/faq.php#What_do_all_those_settings_in_Advanced_Options_do.3F

i read the whole thing twice and understand nearly all of it

i have changed nearly all these setts at 1 point or another over the last 2 weeks

running perfectly stable for the last week....thousands of files ok.

now i have 1 messed up download and i cant figure it out.

i reversed partfile and compact allocation to see if it would correct the odd file behavior... then i wrote here assuming i would get friendly, insightful advice... lol

You turned on compact allocation, correct? And you did selective downloading? And you turned off the partfile so you could use compact allocation? 'Cause this exact problem has happened to others, and they all had compact allocation on (which does not work with the partfile) and doing selective downloading.

i did, but not in that order

i had compact allocation=true and partfile=false

then i downloaded a few thousand files

then i had a strange problem, i was seeing things happen that others, dowloading the same torrent, were not. (missing 1of 3 folders, files in wrong folder)

this is starting to sound like the price 1 pays for efficient programs

i changed the 2 settings back to default, but the files seem to have been 'affected'.

i did avoid using partfile in conjunction with compact allocation.

i am 12G into a 23G torrent, so i am going to finish it and hope for the best

very odd, i now am getting the whole thing in hopes of salvaging the 1/2 already done. it says the selected files are finshed, but they arent...at least they arent usable....hopefully entire torrent download will complete the 1/3 i was shooting for

thnx for the input firon, thats what i wanted to know

Archived