Partially downloaded files from eDonkey

jey_son_999

Im a newbie with regards to torrent file downloading. I tried many p2p programs but just today i found uTorrent. =) and this one i'll keep... anyways, i hope someone can help me because i have a file currently downloading in eDonkey (using BT plug-in) and its at 50% of 14gig. I wish to continue downloading the file with uTorrent since its much faster and easier to use. I hope its possible because i dont want half a days wait go to waste. Please please

stop the download in eDonkey... redownload the .torrent file from wherever you got it. it shoudl open with utorrent if you've got it set up as the default. when it asks you where you want to sav ethe download point it to the parent directory of wherever the file or folder is. utorrent will check the file and start from wherever you left off with eDonkey.

emule saves the downloaded files as part 001.part, 002.part etc

so you can easily rename those and inject into your torrent download

but edonkey separates the chunks and stores each chunk as a file by default, and continuing THAT kind of download isnt a simple task.

yup you guys are right. Partially downloaded files from eDonkey is saved in a different format its like *.part. But luckily i i did use the BT Plug-in which i later learned is just a "B"it"T"orrent plug-in. =) to make the long story short the technique you told me worked. =)

but now i have one concern though... One torrent file consists of many files right? Now, uTorrent shows which files are being partially downloaded and which ones are 100% done... i have one file that is finished but when i try to click open i get an error saying "there was....blah blah... file not fully downloaded yet" Why is that? When i looked into the saved folders the finished file is not there... Do i have to wait for everything to finish before i can open one file? help....

Archived