utorrent driving me nuts!

focused911

I'm not new by any means to downloading torrents, been doing this for awhile but recently got a laptop and hooked it through a netgear router. I have done the port forwarding and setting up my static ip address with no prob. I had the green light and when i check the port using the checker it was opened as well. Now a couple of days ago i noticed my speeds were slow as hell but still had a green light so thought it was the swarm, but then i used the port checker and it tells me my port is closed. wtf? I have a green light in the program but its closed? how is this possible? i normally download a 700mb movie in about a half hour but now it takes me like 2 hours..I looked at the speed post and tried to download one of those files and sure as shit it was downloading fast as hell but not my movies.. what gives... is it im having real bad luck with my last 7 or 8 movie files im getting or is the port checker right and somethings wrong? I use windows firewall, peerguardian, and superantispyware all allow utorrent. I'm also on windows vista.

i have read though that post and i dont think that applies for me. im using a netgear 614 v 7 router. But when i go to to check my router setting there is an option to update the firmware.. should i still do this? i have updated other programs firmware and ended up messing up the program so i would like to be sure this will stop my problem. I did reboot my router which worked for a about 2 hours (green light and port check was fine) but then it went back to only having the green light but port check saying im block. Another thing, is it possible that other people in the house using this router is the reason or when someone is the the pc with the direct connection slowing me up blocking the port?? thanks in advance

Archived