Unable to load specified file

neodark

Using uTorrent version 1.8.2

Torrent save location is at E:\Torrent\Torrent File\

I get an error message saying "Unable to load torrentname.torrent system cannot find the file specified.

I also tried manually saving the torrent file on my desktop, i see the icon for a split second and poof!

No software change from my system aside from the .NET 3.5 update/fixes.

I dont have any A/V running if it matters.

IE8/IE64bit/Firefox 3.0.8 cant save the torrent files also.

I am able to save torrent files if i use the "Load torrent from URL" function.

Reading #11 doesnt seem to be the solution to my problem, but i gave it a try. problem is still persisting.

When i download a torrent file it does not save on my harddrive regardless of the target folder or browser used, when i click on a torrent link utorrent says it cannot find the torrent file.

already did, i even reached a point that i had to reinstall firefox, no avail.. i simply cannot save any .torrent files on my system.

EDIT:

Ok heres an update, using IE 64bit and selecting open with (utorrent) automatically saves the torrent file in my specified directory as if everything is working properly. So i decided to boot into safe mode with networking and tried it with IE32bit/Firefox 3.0.8 and i am still unable to save any torrent files, its like getting automatically deleted for an unknown reason.

EDIT2:

Fixed the problem by running Vista manager's registry cleaner.. something got messed up i suppose.

EDIT3:

The registry cleaning was a temporary fix, the problem came back again.. I tried google chrome and it is able to save .torrent files w/o any issues. This problem is really baffling me.

• 1 year later...

Archived